The PRCA and CIPR have launched their first joint campaign to inspire public relations and communications professionals to take positive action on mental health across the industry.
Launched ahead of Global Listening Day, the pan-industry 'Heard Mentality' campaign urges leaders to hear the concerns of colleagues and encourages team leaders to hold constructive talks with their team members or peers on mental health.
The professional bodies are challenging the entire PR workforce- including in-house, agency, and independent practitioners - to host conversations in the week commencing 13th September. The PRCA and CIPR will issue conversation starter packs to individuals and organisations hosting discussions.
According to research conducted jointly by the CIPR and PRCA, due out later this year, 90% of PR professionals reported poor mental health in the last 12 months. Both bodies have committed to working together on a programme of activity and a Heard Mentality event will be organised for professionals without access to teams or peers.
How you can ’Join the Heard’
1. Organise - or encourage your employer to organise - a face-to-face or online ‘Heard Mentality’ conversation during the week commencing 13th September.
2. Complete this form to register to receive a conversation starter pack and let us know you are planning to support the campaign
3. Share your support on social media using #HeardMentalityPR
4. Prepare for the discussion by considering;
- how your colleagues are doing
- what practical changes can be made in the workplace to support your mental health
- your own personal experience of mental health.
Find more mental health resources from both bodies online:
If you enjoyed this article, you can subscribe for free to our twice weekly event and subscriber alerts.
Currently, every new subscriber will receive three of our favourite reports about the public relations sector.