Podcasts 1 minute read
Ben Smith, Founder, PRmoment.com
This week PRmoment founder Ben Smith interviews Ketchum UK ceo Jo-ann Robertson as part of our series of one to one interviews with some of the most senior people in UK PR.
Jo-ann has recently been appointed as UK ceo to Ketchum having been at the firm since 2011. Previously she spent eight years at Weber Shandwick. Jo-ann graduated in 2002 with a BA in Politics from the University of Strathclyde.
Here is a flavour of what we talked about:
- Jo-ann discusses why the current path of the UK Labour Party is a concern to her
- Why the UK needs to return to a progressive political vision
- How it feels to be Ketchum ceo in London with responsibility for 240 people
- What the evolution of Ketchum in London looks like
- Jo-ann’s take on the responsibility of leadership
- How Ketchum plans to reduce the gap between its corporate identity and its corporate reality
- Jo-ann discusses whether it’s better for PR people to stick or twist in their careers
- Why international PR firms must prioritise their people first
- Jo-ann discusses what it’s like running an international PR firm in a competitive London market
- Jo-ann talks about why having a child has increased her focus and changed her priorities
- She discusses why so many talented mothers never return to a career in PR
- The importance of flexible flexible working
- Jo-ann identifies three things PR firms must do to encourage parents to return to work after having children
- Jo-ann, a five-time British batten twirling champion, reveals the secrets of the sport!