Blog 1 minute read
‘Near Field Communications’ and an ‘Internet of things’ are the two top digital trends predicted for 2015, according to research by Bell Pottinger Digital.
The study focused on the most talked about trends online in 2014 and ranked them in order of percentage increase.
The top five are below:
- Near Field Communications (358% increase): by 2017 half of today’s smartphone users will use mobile wallets for their preferred payment method
- Internet of Things (283% increase): 25 billion connected ‘things’ will be in use by 2020
- Wearables (220% increase): more than 79 million wearables will be sold next year
- Internal Communications (167% increase): in 2015 half of corporate network devices will be mobile
- Storytelling (145% increase): visual blog posts drive 180% more engagement
See the full infographic below:
If you enjoyed this article, you can subscribe for free to our twice weekly event and subscriber alerts.
Currently, every new subscriber will receive three of our favourite reports about the public relations sector.