Blog 1 minute read
I always need background noise to keep me going, and there are so many songs that I listen to over and over again, but below are five favourite tracks that appear on my weekly playlist.
- Waking up and getting up by Elastica: This track used to be my alarm clock because a young account exec the words were so true….’waking up and getting up has never been easy!'
- Think (about it) by Lyn Collins: If you love da’ funk, then this is the track to get down to. Released in 1972, it has a powerful female voice, damn right nasty ‘groove’ and still sounds so fresh.
- Waterfall by Stone Roses: This song means a lot to me. It is taken from the Stone Roses’ debut album that was lent to me as a youngster by someone who influenced my taste in music more than what he thought. In fact, two of my favourite albums, Pills ‘n’ Thrills and Bellyaches by the Happy Mondays and Queen is Dead by The Smiths are because of him.
- Walkaway by Cast: Love this song because sometimes in PR you just have to ‘walkaway’, and then come back with gritted teeth and complete the job.
- Disco Down by Shed Seven: Probably not the best Shed Seven song but on a Friday after your to-do list is complete it’s definitely one song that will make you want to ‘burn that disco down’, but in a good way!
PR playlist by Melanie Johnson, account director at marketing agency Bubble & Squeak