Daisy Craydon, the PR freelance who's at the centre of Captain Tom Moore fundraising campaign, talks to PRmoment
Ben Smith, Founder, PRmoment.com
In the latest of our “in the shed series” I'm talking to Daisy Craydon, the PR freelance who was at the centre of the recent Captain Tom Moore fundraising campaign for NHS CharitiesTogether.
Here’s a summary of what we talked about:
- Daisy gives an outline of how she came to work on one of the biggest PR and media relations stories of our lifetime
- How the whole thing started out with a mere press release
- Which was the first to pick Tom’s story up?
- When did the national broadcast channels pick up the story?
- How long it took to reach the initial target of £1000
- How Daisy and Tom’s family managed Tom’s time with the media - he is 100 years old after all!
- How the campaign has taken on different phases.
If you enjoyed this article, you can subscribe for free to our twice weekly event and subscriber alerts.
Currently, every new subscriber will receive three of our favourite reports about the public relations sector.