Tool Reviews 3 minute read
Jannic Nielssen from Ranieri reviews the influencer marketing platform Scrunch in the latest of of our PRmoment Tool Reviews.
Tool name and maker
Scrunch by Scrunch LLC
What this tool does
Scrunch is an influencer marketing platform that enables brands and agencies to discover the correct influencers across a majority of social networks. The service has one of the largest influencer databases, hosting over 20 million profiles with assorted data points for discovery.
Price as reviewed
Scrunch has a few different pricing levels:
- Starter $0/month
- Basic $199/month
- Power $299/month
(All prices are in USD)
We have been using the service on the Starter level as you are able to create and manage one influencer campaign and find influencers by location, category, engagement and reach.
What we use the tool for
We have been using Scrunch for a few months now. It has helped with identifying many influencers in different sectors due to the variety of topics it allows you to search.
With a Starter account there is limited access to the influencer directory and you can only create and share one custom influencer list. However, we use the service exclusively as a discovery and identification tool. In this sense it works quite well, especially when the search terms and filters are defined.
How it performed
Scrunch is very easy to use and allows for detailed searches via topics, categories and filters. It presents the information in a clear manner that makes discerning whether the profiles presented are exactly what you are looking for a simple process. You can then go into each profile and get a better breakdown.
The results page of searches can be a bit daunting for first timers as it presents all the information on one page in columns that will stretch beyond a majority of screen sizes, with even more popping up when profiles are selected.
- It is easy to use.
- There is a robust amount of social profiles.This differs from most databases that have users in the thousands due to the way they aggregate profiles.
- Categories: a large selection of categories are presented from the start but the user is then able to go in and use more specific topics to find the correct profiles.
- Filters: Users are able to filter through location, follower range, social networks, profile type, gender, post frequency and audience age range and gender.
- List building: The Starter account type only allows you to build one list, but this is valuable to save the profiles you have interest in to check out later.
- Estimated costs per post; This feature can sometimes help with budgeting though more notes on this in the dislikes section.
- Email and chat support from the Scrunch team.
- The campaign feature is easy to handle.
- There are a few bugs, and though they are not deal breakers, they can be inconvenient.
- A frequent bug we have experienced is it sometimes requires a page to reload in order to show new profiles when new search terms are used and new filters are applied.
- Sometimes the influencers presented do not relate to the search terms and filters entered.
- Though it is valuable to see “estimated costs per post” it only shows in USD which would require you to convert separately.
- There are no demographics provided for the profiles at the Starter account level.
- There are no analytics provided for the profiles provided, beyond Scrunch’s calculated engagement.
Star rating (out of 5)
Written by Jannic Nielssen, influencer marketing manager at PR agency RYVL Ranieri