Ben Smith, Founder, PRmoment.com
Chris Talago, VP PR and communications JAPAC and EMEA at Oracle gives us an in-house communicator’s perspective on the Covid-19 lockdown.
Here’s a flavour of what Chris and I discuss:
- How have the comms team at Oracle coped with the Covid-19 crisis so far? What message is the comms team trying to get across at the moment?
- Why Covid-19 requires a fundamental rethink of communications, not merely a pause on the status quo.
- Whether the technology sector is insulated more than most to the financial meltdown we’re seeing in the economy.
- Has the way Oracle is working with its agency partners changed since the Covid-19 lockdown kicked off? Has it reduced budgets or just rescoped work?
- Why the fast-paced changed we’ve seen over the last five years in communications just got a lot quicker.
- What’s it like as an in-house communicator during the Covid-19 lockdown?
- How should in-house communicators manage their companies’ reputations through the Covid-19 crisis?
- Some agencies, particularly those working in the tech sector, are faring better, but in travel and hospitality I’ve heard of agencies being 70% down, many consumer agencies are down between 30% and 50%. Chris and I discuss how this is the beginning of a long, hard road.
If you enjoyed this article, you can subscribe for free to our twice weekly event and subscriber alerts.
Currently, every new subscriber will receive three of our favourite reports about the public relations sector.