Blog 2 minute read
PR people and the businesses they represent are producing more content than ever, but the digital world is full of white papers that have never been read and videos that have rarely been watched. Even the most creative sharable content requires a targeted distribution strategy. At a recent PRmoment event, in partnership with Text 100, we showcased how to optimise your content delivery.
Speakers included Gemma Isaac, senior brand manager from Outbrain, Dan Bowsher, strategic lead, social media comms, Vodafone and James Beechinor-Collins and Mike Cooper from Republic Publishing.
Vodafone’s Bowsher outlined the social media journey that Vodafone has been on. Dan’s central theme was that there are no quick wins when it comes to building social media engagement for brands. However, the following six points are very important:
1. Build authority and trust with readers.
2. Create influence exposure for the brand.
3. Success will probably mean constant content evolution but remember to ensure that your content matches your strategic intent.
4. Because social media success takes a long time, you must have a sustained resource and the effort must be sustainable.
5. Make sure you get your content to work as hard as possible.
6. You need to think like a publisher.
7. Ensure your content and website structures are right so that you enjoy the SEO benefits.
James Beechinor-Collins and Mike Cooper from Republic Publishing then discussed the strategy needed for brands to successfully own and share content.
What to consider in your content strategy:
Once you have your macro strategy in place, it is important to consider your reader profile, your tone of voice and your content style.
The target audience for your content:
Once you marry these themes, bearing in mind your audience, you need skilled writers to produce the content and an appropriate distribution strategy.
Your content distribution strategy: