Meet the Media: With Ruth Sunderland, Business Editor of Daily Mail
Time: 2.00 pm to 2.45 pm
The event will be hosted on Hopin but please register via Eventbrite using the button above
Ruth and PRmoment founder Ben Smith will have a discussion around these themes:
- The types of stories she likes to cover
- The do's and don'ts of how to get in touch with her and her colleagues
- What type of relationship The Daily Mail's wants with public relations people
- Circulation and readership details
- If there was one piece of advice Ruth would give to PR people before sending stories to journalists - what would that be?
- Is there a set formula of the type of thing that will get into The Daily Mail's Business section?
- What do PR people need to do to improve their relationships with journalists?
- Do you publish different types of stories for online content and print?
- Is there a greater chance of getting online coverage than print?
- How has COVID changed the PR and journalist relationship?
- Why does Ruth believe PR has become too automated?
- How regularly does Ruth publish a story she originally came across in a press release?
- Has Ruth ever published a story from a follow-up "did you get my press release" email?
- How can PR professionals better manage their relationships with journalists?
- Are they good times to call/contact Ruth and what are the worst times?
- What are your concerns for the public relations sector?
- Do you worry about the future of journalism?
- How can public relations professionals better educate their clients on how the media works?
- Why a correction doesn't take place just because a PR or their client don't like something!
Needless to say, the audience will be able to ask Ruth questions.
This event is produced in partnership with Propel.