Ten joys to get you through the day, from Hacked Off Flack
5th April 2013
Sometimes life is tough in PR, such as when it‘s your turn to get the coffee, so you need a few bright moments to make it all worthwhile. Here are a few small things that can help make my day:
1. The tube pulling in just as I arrive. A smooth commute home is always ideal.
2. A table on the train. iPad out in front, coffee to the side – oh the joys! And if there is no one sitting opposite me, it’s an extra bonus.
3. Wearing polished shoes. This is a rare occurrence, but I do seem to have an extra spring in my step if my shoes look snazzy.
4. Getting a sudden flurry of retweets. I know it sounds sad, but it makes me feel wanted.
5. Finding that my Boots loyalty card is full. It means I can claim a free sandwich.
6. The client sending a thank you text or email. Makes it all worthwhile. When a journalist says thank you, that’s nice too. Strange, but nice.
7. Discovering the office biscuit tin has been restocked. With chocolate Hobnobs.
8. Waking up before the alarm clock goes off. Five minutes early that is, not five hours. And there’s that lovely feeling when you wake up thinking you have to go to work, then realise it’s Saturday.
9. Finishing the crossword puzzle. If it’s the cryptic one, then I feel like a winner.
10. Being the first into the office. There’s something peaceful about having the office to yourself in the morning. But there’s no fun in working late on your own.