£38k-£41k • Somerset House • London
Application Deadline: 25 September 2023
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Head of PR
Compensation: £38,000 - £41,000 / year
Somerset House Trust is looking for an experienced and motivated PR Manager to lead the media campaigns for our exhibitions, events and activity. Working closely with and reporting to the Head of PR, the PR Manager will play a pivotal role in our small and dynamic PR Team, specifically managing our Senior Press Officer. Using your considerable experience in a similar role, you will be responsible for overseeing, devising and implementing strategic and creative campaigns, ensuring maximum quality coverage across a range of media. It will be your role to work closely with internal departments, external partners and high-profile influencers and ambassadors. Using your proven knowledge, skills and talent, on any given day the role could see you developing and delivering campaigns around our major exhibitions and events, managing large-scale red-carpet launches, supervising campaigns for Somerset House Studios and Somerset House's digital arts strand, and acting as the point of liaison for partner exhibitions and events.
As the home of cultural innovators, the Trust connects creativity and the arts with the broader society.
Somerset House pursues a 'Step Inside, Think Outside' spirit and is born from the creative community we nurture - the experience and perspectives we host across background, age, race, and stage, and the intersections and crossovers we encourage.
Somerset House is looking for a PR Manager who has:
- Proven experience of working in a busy press office/agency, or within the media, and managing a team at all levels
- Strong evidence of single-handedly devising and implementing successful press campaigns and juggling several campaigns at once
- Enviable network of contacts across the media landscape
- Tested track record of managing PR consultants or agencies
- Demonstrable collaboration with a range of partners, ensuring the appropriate balance is found between mutual PR goals
- Considerable experience in VIP/influencer relations and events, from managing the logistics of large-scale launches from a PR perspective, to ensuring attendance and meaningful mentions
- Experience of crisis PR management
- Excellent knowledge and interest in the arts/cultural/entertainment sector
- Proficient in managing budgets
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and marketing
Skills required for the PR Manager role:
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organisational skills, with scrupulous attention to detail, working well under pressure
- Demonstrable motivational and managerial skills, with confidence in co-ordinating team activities and offering necessary support to professionally develop individuals
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritise and be flexible with workloads
- Keen ability to work both using own initiative and as a team player
- Willingness and motivation to complete tasks to best of ability, no matter how big or small
Benefits to working at Somerset House:
Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Access to our external Employee Assistance Programme (CiC) for free 24/7 confidential advice and support, including up to 6 free counselling sessions per year where needed
- Mental health support and guidance from our in-house trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Hybrid working based on having 3 days in the office per week
- Enhanced annual leave – 25 days plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave - additional day leave on or within a week of your birthday
- Festive day - additional discretionary day off around the Christmas period
- Sick leave – 20 days full pay, followed by 20 days half pay
- Emergency dependent care – option to use 25% of paid sick leave for emergency care of a dependent
- Enhanced maternity pay
- 8% employer pension contributions
- No minimum requirement for employee contributions
- Option for salary exchange
- Interest-free loans
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
Discounts, offers and free stuff!
The list is endless and includes tickets to Somerset House events
Including access to most exhibition launches.
Please see the attached PR Manager job pack for further details on the role.Apply for this role Back to all jobs
Want to see more PR jobs like this? Sign up for our job alerts, sent every Friday, direct to you.
Please be assured that we will treat your details with care. We will never sell your details to any third parties and we will never bombard you with unnecessary email alerts.
By subscribing to the emails selected above, you consent to us sending you twice weekly subscriber emails and/or weekly job alerts. You may manage your preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the "manage preferences" link within every newsletter.