PR Account Manager - Gong Communications (Agency)
No salary stated • Gong Communications (The Wilful Group) • Marylebone, London (hybrid)
WE ARE WILFUL
We are a new kind of communications agency designed to support the ideas and innovations solving the world’s biggest problems.
Wilful is a taskforce drawing on the talent and expertise of two founder agencies, Gong Communications (B2B) and Cherish PR (B2C).
Gong Communications is an award-winning international PR and communications agency and a proud B Corp.
We offer our clients the full spectrum of strategic advice, digital and creative communications services from our offices in London and Nairobi and offer expertise in the cross-cutting themes of culture, diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and purpose.
With a growing roster of clients and following internal promotions, we’re now looking for a talented PR Account Manager to join our B2B team and work on some of our key accounts within the infrastructure and renewable energy, global health and development, and technology sectors.
The successful candidate will have a passion for media relations, strong writing skills and be adept at managing clients.
They will have at least 3-4 years’ PR experience (ideally some agency side) and a keen interest in our client sectors (specifically Climate, Tech, International Development and Sustainability).
This is a hybrid role, split between home working and from our Wilful HQ in Marylebone.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the main point of contact for the client on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage multiple projects of varying scope and size, applying experience and intuition to prioritise effectively.
- Translate agreed strategies and programmes into effective tactical implementation that meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Monitor the delivery of activity against agreed programme KPIs.
- Combine PR creativity with knowledge of the client and industry to identify news hooks, angles and thought leadership themes that deliver against each programme’s communications objectives.
- Deliver strategic, insight-led writing with guidance on approach from senior team.
- Apply commercial awareness to the running of accounts and scope cost estimates for basic projects.
- Contribute to strategy creation and drive forward the tactical implementation of agreed communications programmes across earned, owned and paid channels.
- Proactively build relationships with journalists and industry influencers, leveraging these relationships to the benefit of clients.
- Spot and trouble shoot potential issues before they become problematic, keeping the account director on the account aware of progress.
- Lead client meetings.
- Mentor junior colleagues, support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Oversee the creation of account documentation and maintain the highest standards of delivery.
- Excellent command of the English language and the ability to write creatively while keeping in line with grammatical and journalistic best practices.
- Create a wide range of documents, as well as mentoring account executives to effectively deliver them.
o Examples include, press releases, pitches and pitching and bylined features / comment.
- Take responsibility for achieving all agreed event KPIs
- Attend (if requested by the client) and manage the effective delivery of client events and support all aspects of event management
RESEARCH & ANALYSIS
- Source, assimilate and analyse information and present it effectively
- Demonstrate established, in-depth market knowledge of client industries and their competitive positioning and be able to apply that to engaging with different audiences (e.g. media, clients, partners, prospects)
GONG BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING
· Mentor junior team members including taking responsibility for delivering some formal training
· Proactively and effectively contribute to new business pitches, brainstorms, proposals and presentations
- Hybrid working approach (min 2 days in the office) + early Friday finish during summer months
- Financed learning and development programme and personalised career pathway
- Access to the Wilful People Hub (in partnership with Perkbox)
- 25 Days annual leave + 2 additional days per year (1 for birthday/1 volunteer day)
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Discretionary bonus (10% of net profit to the team)
- Enhanced pension contribution (4% & 4%)
- Funded social events (Christmas, summer parties, regular meet-ups, team lunches, etc.)
To apply for this position, please email email@example.comApply for this role Back to all jobs
Want to see more PR jobs like this? Sign up for our job alerts, sent every Friday, direct to you.
Please be assured that we will treat your details with care. We will never sell your details to any third parties and we will never bombard you with unnecessary email alerts.
By subscribing to the emails selected above, you consent to us sending you twice weekly subscriber emails and/or weekly job alerts. You may manage your preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the "manage preferences" link within every newsletter.