£32k-£45k • Greenhouse Communications • London/Bristol
Greenhouse is an award-winning communications agency with a mission to power positive social and environmental change.
We’re not like other agencies – our purpose is to have a positive impact on the world. We’re a mission-driven business and our clients work in sectors where we can have the biggest impact on the transition to net-zero and beyond; from energy and clean tech to nature and conservation, from food and health, to finance and transport.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our Purpose team on a fixed term six-month contract. With a diverse portfolio of clients spanning marine conservation, food & agriculture, sustainable finance and ethical brands, our Purpose team helps to build strategic coalitions, influence national and global policy, accelerate action and inspire behaviour change.
We are seeking someone who understands and cares about the key issues affecting ocean health globally, including over-fishing, habitat protection and plastic pollution.
You will be confident, knowledgeable, and able to actively engage with stakeholders in the marine conservation sphere, including NGOs, scientists, business leaders, policy makers and influencers.
Skills and experience
- Solid experience within an agency or in-house comms team.
- Working or academic background in marine science / sustainability.
- Experience coordinating the delivery of high-impact integrated campaigns.
- First-class communications (writing, pitching to journalists, relationship building).
- Strategic understanding of multiple communications disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience in using digital platforms.
- Exceptional client and project management skills.
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Proven ability managing and mentoring junior members of staff.
- Experience working on marine science projects or campaigns.
- Knowledge of national and specialist media outlets.
- Passion for making a difference on climate change and the world around us.
- Energetic, committed and determined.
- Friendly, collaborative and approachable.
- Able to work independently as part of a collaborative team.
- Open to new ideas, views and perspectives.
- Ability to give and receive frank and fair feedback.
- Greenhouse is an award-winning agency: we have either won or been highly commended in the UK Green Business Awards (Communications Agency of the Year category) for the last 10 years in a row; we won a Purpose award for the Best Use of Technology and were highly commended in the Best Environmental Cause Campaign category in 2023; we were named Specialist Consultancy of the Year by the PRCA in 2020; and we were highly commended in the Specialist Consultancy of the Year category at the PRWeek Awards in 2019.
- We are 60+ consultants in London and Bristol, working on global campaigns and cutting-edge technologies in energy, nature, food, finance and climate justice.
- We are a B Corp, committed to ensuring that our business is a force for good. We give 1% of our profits to charity and deliver equivalent of 10% of our profits pro bono on the issues that matter.
- We are a vibrant, fast-growing communications agency and have tripled in size in the last three years. We will continue to grow to meet the needs of the innovative entrepreneurs, businesses and NGOs who have the solutions to the big issues we face.
Salary and benefits
- Our Account Manager salary band is £32-45k per annum dependent on location (Bristol or London) and experience.
- Flexible working: our core hours are 10am-4pm with 2-3 days per week expected in the office (options for increased flexibility dependent on personal circumstances) and an early finish at 3pm on Fridays.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus your birthday and office closure between Christmas and New Year).
- Additional paid holiday for slow travel (travelling via means other than flying).
- Ethical pension scheme with Aviva (7% employer contributions, 5% employee).
- Regular yoga classes and other office perks such as organic breakfast supplies and fresh fruit.
How to apply
Please get in touch with your CV and a cover letter telling us about why you are interested and what you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The diversity of our workforce is important to us, and we particularly encourage candidates from Black, Asian and Ethnically Diverse backgrounds or Disabled, D/deaf and/or neurodivergent people. To help us track the background of our applicants, we would appreciate all candidates completing a short survey along with your application.
This will also help us to offer you the appropriate support if you are successfully invited for an interview.Apply for this role Back to all jobs
Want to see more PR jobs like this? Sign up for our job alerts, sent every Friday, direct to you.
Please be assured that we will treat your details with care. We will never sell your details to any third parties and we will never bombard you with unnecessary email alerts.
By subscribing to the emails selected above, you consent to us sending you twice weekly subscriber emails and/or weekly job alerts. You may manage your preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com or clicking the "manage preferences" link within every newsletter.