Brand Marketing Manager - TALA (In-house)
Competitive salary • TALA • London (hybrid)
About the Role:
TALA has been on a rocket ship since its founding in 2019 by entrepreneur Grace Beverley. Built on largely organic socials, we have matured into a DTC eCommerce business with a multi-faceted growth and retention strategy across multiple digital channels. At just 4 years old, we’re trading on impressive numbers and doing 2X LY. Reporting into the Head of Brand for now, you would contribute significantly by ensuring that all of our brand activities are contributing towards that growth, bringing a clear voice to our marketing storytelling, developing additional brand pillars such as partnerships, and supporting the wider team, all while championing our values of sustainability, accessibility and amazing product. You will be part of a powerhouse of creative minds with Mondays and Fridays remote, and Tuesdays through Thursdays at our Vauxhall, London office. The role includes managing a Brand Assistant as well as external partners and agencies.
Day to day this looks like:
- Brand Guardianship: Working with the Head of Brand on strategic brand projects including positioning, brand vision and identity reviews. A true brand guardian role for the business, you will ensure brand tone of voice and visual identity are consistent, understood, and reflected across the business and all touchpoints with the customer.
- Planning: Managing the global marketing calendar as well as other key planning documents to ensure a cohesive and impactful omni-channel strategy.
- Delivering Launches: Taking ownership of marketing plans, website updates, and tactical levers to elevate the launch calendar.
- Storytelling: Clearly communicating brand, product, and ESG stories through compelling copywriting across multiple platforms (marketing plans, social captions, email copy, blog posts, sms, web and more).
- Championing ESG: Ensuring our conscious approach to fashion is a central theme to both our communications and our growth strategy, finding ways to develop our sustainability credentials while educating our community along the way.
- Brand Partnerships + PR: Researching, vetting, planning and executing a robust brand partnerships program and possible PR opportunities, integrating these opportunities into the wider growth plans.
- Management: Managing both internal and external teams. Internally, this includes a Brand Assistant to help deliver seamless campaigns, and externally, our creative agency partners.
- Support: Serving as an expert on industry trends, proposing new opportunities to improve the brand’s marketing and communications, using data and insights to analyse brand performance and express opportunities while supporting both the Head of Brand and the wider team on all growth initiatives.
- Have at least 5 years of hands-on brand marketing experience across like channels
- Have meaningful experience in a similar role in another consumer brand where organisational skills and planning have been keys to success
- Have a clear communication style both in written and verbal settings - we’ll want to see copywriting examples, across multiple marketing channels
- Have experience managing a junior, agencies, or ideally a combination of both.
- Have a passion for sustainability and drive to further ESG initiatives through engaging marketing - demonstrated in a volunteer or professional capacity.
- Be comfortable working in a start-up environment: working lean and quickly with available resources
- Be highly organised and an excellent project manager, attentive to detail and commercially minded
- Have a good understanding of the brand and the customer
- Be driven, ambitious, solution oriented, and nice to work with
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Fun, startup working culture
- A sense of mission, and contribution to the greater good
- Mondays and Fridays remote, Tues – Thurs at our Vauxhall office
- Half day Fridays
- Clothing allowance and discount on the best athleisure in the game
- Shreddy fitness app, duvet days and more!
Our shopping habits are driven by global powerhouse fast fashion brands, churning out hundreds of thousands of cheap clothes every day, telling us we must shop and wear the latest styles.
TALA is the brand you always knew you wanted but could never quite find - responsibly made activewear and off-duty styles at competitive prices without the need to compromise on high-performance designs and flattering fits. TALA was founded in May 2019 by fitness entrepreneur Grace Beverley to disrupt the fast fashion and activewear industries after years of working in the space.
We are TALA. Flattering fits you feel good in and good about.
Want to see more PR jobs like this? Sign up for our job alerts, sent every Friday, direct to you.
Please be assured that we will treat your details with care. We will never sell your details to any third parties and we will never bombard you with unnecessary email alerts.
By subscribing to the emails selected above, you consent to us sending you twice weekly subscriber emails and/or weekly job alerts. You may manage your preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com or clicking the "manage preferences" link within every newsletter.