A five-step checklist to help evaluate your PR properly
Many acres of rainforest have been wasted writing white papers about PR evaluation. But the truth is, it ain't rocket science!
So, with help from our friends at Press Index, we've put together a checklist for PR evaluation. If you tick each of these 5 points, you'll be well set to improve the evaluation of your PR.
1. Strengthen search terms – by adding to your search terms, for example by including a client’s products, key spokespeople and even key industry terms, you can gather a full breadth of coverage relevant to your client.
2. Monitor competitors – it’s all too easy to focus on the press coverage a client is receiving and forget to monitor what their competitors are doing. Tracking competitors’ press activity not only helps a client to keep track of their business, but can also provide opportunities to piggy-back on their press activity.
3. Don’t forget social media – The rise of social media means that businesses are increasingly being talked about in these forums, whether it be comment on a business’s services or products, or people Tweeting about press coverage on a client. Using tools to monitor this can help a business get a larger perspective on the perception audiences have of them.
4. Keep track – If you know that coverage is expected on a certain date, diarise it so that you can be sure it is picked up immediately, otherwise you might risk the client picking it up before you do.
5. Keep an eye out for unexpected mentions – Sometimes coverage can appear in places where you might least expect it. Don’t solely rely on monitoring key titles, but ensure that a whole range of media is monitored, otherwise vital coverage might be missed.
About PRmoment Learning Zones: This is a promotional feature that we are running in partnership with Press Index.